Step 1: Read Contest Information
Read complete contest information before applying to win a college scholarship. Please read all requirements carefully. Entries that do not meet ALL requirements will be automatically disqualified from the contest without notification to the student.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- The Second Chance College Scholarships Contest is open to citizens and aliens legally residing in the USA with High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Scholarship funds are payable to the winner’s college/university or certified trade school in the United States; winner must enroll or already be enrolled for Spring 2022 session.
- Winner selection is NOT based on financial need, GPA or demographic criteria.
- Relatives of AFSA staff or NATIONAL board members may not enter.
- Past winners of AFSA’s High School Senior Scholarship Contest or AFSA’s Second Chance College Scholarships Contest are not eligible to win this contest.
- Scholarship entries are ONLY accepted online through the AFSA scholarship web site (www.afsascholarship.org).
- Entrants must submit a completed entry form with all required information. Before college scholarship funds will be awarded, all information submitted on the entry form by the entrant will be verified. If ANY false or misleading information is submitted on the entry form, the student will be disqualified without notification to the entrant.
- Each entrant is allowed only ONE (1) ENTRY submittal. Any attempt to enter again under a different name, address, etc., will automatically disqualify the entrant without notification to the entrant.
- Entrants selected as winners are required to submit the name and contact information of their chosen college/university/certified trade school* for verification of registration and payment of the scholarship to the school. All forms and processes must be completed within sixty (60) days of contest end date or your scholarship is forfeited.
* A 2- or 4-year college/university/technical/career/online school based in the United States that has completed & received accreditation from an agency recognized by the US Department of Education & is on the list found at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation or http://www.chea.org
Entries will be accepted from 12:00 a.m. (midnight) CDT April 01, 2021 until 11:59 p.m. CDT August 31, 2021.
- A total of $5,000 in college scholarships are awarded. Five (5) winners will receive a college scholarship of $1,000 each. Only one $1,000 college scholarship will be awarded to any single individual from this contest.
- College scholarships are paid directly to the educational institution in the entrant’s account to be used for tuition and/or books for the Spring 2022 session.
- Scholarship winners are randomly selected by computer-generated drawing from among valid entries received at the conclusion of the contest period.
- Odds of winning are based on total number of entries received.
- Due to the number of entries received, AFSA will only notify winners via email and/or phone.
- AFSA will contact each winner by email and phone within fourteen (14) business days of contest end date, using contact information given by the entrant during application process. Winners have ten (10) days from date email is sent/phone message is left to respond and verify they meet the eligibility requirements as defined on the college scholarships contest Web site. “Second Chance” winners will need to fax, scan, or mail a copy of their U.S. birth certificate, U.S.-issued passport, or green card WITH a copy of their citizenship proof from country of origin. (Two forms of ID required.)
- Once you are confirmed as winner, AFSA will send you the appropriate college/university/trade school forms to complete for a check to be issued to your chosen school and deposited into your student account. No funds will be issued directly to individuals. All forms and processes must be completed within sixty (60) days of contest end date or your scholarship is forfeited.
- Winners’ names will be posted on this web site by October 22, 2021.
College Scholarship Application Process
Complete the Entry Form. (The following information is collected only for the purpose of administering this contest, verifying information and notifying winners. We never share or sell your information with outside sources or vendors.)
- Full Name
- Home Street Address
- City, State, Zip Code
- Home Phone (with area code)
- 2nd Phone Contact (optional)
- Email Address
- High School Graduation Date / or GED Certificate Award Date (Month/Year)